Load testing is the process of simulating workloads and demands on applications and systems to determine behavior under normal and peak load conditions. Load testing is done to provide an accurate picture of end-to-end system performance and allows you to identify and resolve issues before applications go live.
Enterprise applications are becoming increasingly complex. With modern applications, there are many moving parts that can easily become points of failure if not tested prior to deployment. Platforms such as mobile, Cloud, and hybrid environments offer their own share of challenges. Therefore, businesses are seeking a comprehensive solution for testing system behavior and performance to ensure their customers give them a 5 Star User Experience.
Why load test?
How do you know whether your mission-critical applications meet the performance and scalability requirements of your business? How do you decrease the risk of a catastrophic failure when deploying to production? Are your applications performing optimally?
The benefits of using application load testing software are:
- Reduces cost of application downtime related to performance issues in production
- Supports performance testing of new technologies together with your existing, legacy applications
- Accurately tests a mix of mobile and Internet users, reducing the risk of performance bottleneck when bringing new mobile applications to production
- Decreases the risk of deploying systems that do not meet performance requirements
- Reduces hardware and software costs by accurately predicting application scalability and capacity
- Helps you establish intelligent service-level agreements before applications go live
- Shortens test cycles to accelerate delivery of high-quality applications
- Pinpoints end-user, system-level, and code-level bottlenecks rapidly and with ease
- Reduces the cost of defects by testing earlier in the application lifecycle
Load and performance testing tools
Micro Focus offers comprehensive, flexible load testing solutions that support cloud-based, mobile testing, web testing, and application load testing, and a single enterprise-wide platform that allows you to plan and execute tests across multiple cloud or on-premise projects and geographies.
- Mobile app testing - Mobile application performance testing that includes Mobile Web, Native and Hybrid applications to ensure the best user experience.
- Website testing – SaaS based solution that makes it easy to plan, run, and scale web load testing in the cloud.
- Application load testing - project-based solution that supports application load performance testing across a wide variety of application technologies from legacy to web and mobile.
- Enterprise load testing - A single, enterprise-level platform, that allows you to plan and execute tests across multiple global projects in and from the cloud or on your premises behind a firewall.
- Testing Center of Excellence - In addition to the standard performance testing process, many companies are moving to an IT shared services model, called a performance testing Center of Excellence (CoE), to increase productivity and standardize processes.
Load testing conferences